Thursday, May 31, 2012

Recovering from a busy weekend

This last weekend was EXTREMELY busy.  Much busier than I expected it to be.  But it was all good.  One of my twin boys (the oldest by one minute, lol) graduated from high school, my sisters came up for the graduation and stayed at my house (the first time ever!), and we made an offer on a house to buy.  I am so very proud of my son for finishing school and getting his diploma despite all the troubles him and I have had.  He is a good kid even though he has made some bad choices.  But he is still learning.  He is only 18 after all, and although he thinks he know it all, he really doesn't.  I love him much more than he knows though.

I am always going to see my sisters, but they never come to see me, so I was VERY happy to have them at my house for a change, even if I didn't really have the room or proper set up to allow for company.  I hope they had a good time.  As for the house, well, we didn't get it.  The choices that we have are pretty slim but we hold out hope that something will present itself soon.  We deserve to finally have a place to call our own.  But, what will be, will be.  So I try not to be upset about it.

Things have settled down now, so I have time to get back to creating.  I have spent a lot of time over the last week or two mending lots of old jeans and shorts that I just didn't have time to get to before.  I am making good progress and I even made me a new outfit.  I will have to post a picture later as to the fact that none of the batteries in the house seem to want to work with my camera.  So I need to get new ones.  Well that is all for now.  Hope you all have a blessed day!

1 comment:

coinguyslady said...

I had a great time and now we need to plan a "Make something" day.