Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Summer Has Come to Town!

So we are a little ways into June and summer has decided to show up with a vengeance.  We have had some pretty warm days but it was still pleasant.  But not yesterday.  Yesterday was just terrible here in mid-Missouri.  And today is looking just like it.  Don't get me wrong, I would rather be hot than cold any day, but there are a few aspects of the heat that I really dislike.  Ok, maybe even hate. 

I don't mind sweating, but I do hate being sticky.  Yuck!!  It makes me feel dirtier than if I had of rolled in the mud.  And I can live with the fact that the temperature, not the sun, has the ability to make my skin feel as if it were being deep fried.  But it really sucks when my face feels like it will melt off because, despite the fact that it is sweating profusely, (which is supposed to help cool me off) it just will not cool down.  And not only can I feel that it won't release the heat, everyone else can see it too because my face is the same color as my hair.  (It's red, don't you know.)  Ugh!

On a happier note, I am recovering much better from my latest surgery than I did from the last one.  And I have decided that I am going to loose weight and eat better one way or another.  I am done with punishing myself with foods that are bad for me.  I am going to live instead of trying to speed up the dying process, because let's face it, we are all slowly dying from the moment we are born.  We might as well live to the fullest, but that doesn't mean trying to die faster than necessary or getting older and being in more pain than needed.  So here is to my change of paradigm!!  Not the first in my life and hopefully not the last!

Blessed be!!

No comments: